The winery is named after two hearing impaired brothers, Antonio and Raimondo Levis, who founded it in 1938. They grew other grapes and made other wines, but they were passionate about Nebbiolo. Raimondo died in 2002, and Antonio partnered with the Sartirano family. Paolo Sartirano is the winemaker. No chemical fertilizers are used. Grapes are harvested and sorted by hand. These Nebbiolo grapes were planted in the mid-1980s, so the vines are now 30 years old. Soil is marl, limestone, and clay.