It is a fact that spirits are differentiated in two ways: either they’re distilled, or having higher average ABVs, from 20% to levels as high as 80 or 90% ABV. It is basically the biggest, brawniest older brother of the alcohol family. In other words, drinking sprits in its own is as heavy as lifting heavier weightlifting equipment in gyms.
Ever wondered why they call this liquor “Spirits”? Well, there’s a lot of story behind that but they say back in the day, during the earlier days, alchemists were more concerned with medical elixirs than with turning lead into gold. The vapor given off and collected during an alchemical process (as with distillation of alcohol) was called a spirit of the original material hence the term. There is also a fact in other countries that if you leave a soft drink like Coca-Cola open, it’s “spirit” leaves and when you drink it, it tastes flat and the fizz disappears completely. This is why Spirits has a lot of essence that give a strong taste.
There are some ways that you can improve drinking hard liquors. These pointers may help you out in the long run:
- Keeping your Spirits chilled can enhance the essence of it. Even some drinkers enjoy Spirits with a glass filled with ice. Always remember to gently stir the ice to enhance the mood too.
- Never overfill your glass also apply in hard drinks like spirits. How can you enjoy it if you are too soon or too much to drink? You can pass out quickly and will make you fear for the worse in the future.
- As much as possible (especially for new liquor connoisseurs) is if you have a gut feeling that you can’t take it yet, think about it and acknowledge that calling. Don’t be embarrassed. Try getting used to the liquor that you know until you try the harder stuff. One step at a time, my friend!
- Get a matching side dish like cheese or lime to improve the taste. Some even make cocktails out of Spirits so you can even love it.
- Did you know that when you’re in a good mood for a glass of Spirits can further make it taste better than forcing it into you? Sounds simple enough.
- Two words: Drink moderately and live (or fight) another day. Believe me, you should do that so you can try other awesome brands soon.
And there they are. I hope these can help you enjoy your time when you sip a glass of Spirits. And speaking of that, we have a 10% off on all brands of Spirits in our store. Be sure to watch out for it.