October. Want to know what is synonymous about this month? Yep, you got it. Halloween. The time for trick or treat, jump scares, horror night, and people attending parties dressed up as Hollywood stars to people dressed up as a poop (yes, that is a thing). Halloween is fast approaching. And so are your friends who want to have a party with you this end of October.
Here are the top food and wine pairings that you can enjoy during the scary Halloween season:
1. Pumpkin Soup & Chardonnay – Chardonnay is really a compliment to pumpkin dishes. A creamy pumpkin soup paired with a nice Broadside Wild Ferment Chardonnay will hit all the right spots this Halloween.
2. Spinach Salad & Sauvignon Blanc – Everyone loves salad (well everyone who is a vegan, that is), and the best way to eat some spinach salad this Halloween is with a nice bottle of Les Chenes Vieux Sancerre Blanc.
3. Hershey’s Kisses & Zinfadel – Nothing says Halloween than Halloween candy! Our favorite classic candy bar is best paired with a bottle of Dry Creek Vineyard Old Vine Zinfandel would do the trick while eating that. Don’t forget to finish your chocolate!
4. Kit Kat & Pinot Noir – Another classic candy paired with yet another classic wine. The Pinot Project Pinot Noir is great pairing. So why don’t you have a break and have a Kit Kat? And wine?
5. M&Ms & Port – Another one! This good and awesome snack is best eaten with Maynard’s Fine Ruby Port. It is now time to enjoy a candy that melts in your mouth while you drink wine that melts all your stress away.
6. Licorice & Moscato – You don’t just enjoy licorice on December, you can enjoy earlier too! This favorite tasty treat is best paired with a bottle of Barefoot Moscato. Now you can a vine while drinking wine (get it?).
So, there you have it. Eating your favorite Halloween treat is never enough if you eat by themselves. You need the help of the best alcoholic beverage on the planet. We almost forgot. All the wine that we mentioned above is available through the Columbia Wine Co app. You can download the Columbia Wine Co app for easy and convenient ways of buying your favorite drink.
It’s wine, obviously. And if you’re lazy to use our app and would just like to order wine without wasting storage space, please check out the Columbia Wine Co website on the internet. You can enjoy 15% off on your next purchase. Just make sure to enter your email address when a magical pop-up box appears on your screen. Happy drinking! And always remember, drink moderately.